Tuesday, January 5, 2010



here it is, a brand new year. time goes by so quickly, especially as i opened this blog to begin writing again and saw my last blog was last july!

so much has happened. we are now grandparents of a beautiful baby boy. my own baby boy is a resident of a city four hours away. my oldest son and his wife (and our grandson!) are in their first house just minutes away. we had a wonderful Christmas season. and, in november, as this photo illustrates, my husband and i traveled to argentina. it was only my second trip there, and i have practically no understanding of the language, but, as you can tell, i found ways to communicate-much to the dismay of my husband...i call it humor and i think it's the universal language. i miss these people...

in retrospect, the past few months have been all about relationships, a big thing for me as i used to be a bridge-burner...some of the relationships chose me. some i chose. some i took to a more "uncomfortable" level (which, by the way, ALL relationships used to be uncomfortable for me). some of the people closest to me, now live far away. some are young. some are older. some i shop for. some i share lunch with. all are helping to change my life. and for this, i want more...

No comments:

Post a Comment