Saturday, June 27, 2009



long days lead to not feeling particularly creative, and this gets me back to why i challenged myself to two weeks of fluffy blogging. it keeps my creativity on ready, lurking just below the surface as well as helping me to see my life a little more lovely-like even when it doesn't feel like it...

so...my iphone takes great photos. to me, the best part is that it's always available. i don't have to plan a photo, i just reach in my pocket and snap. goes back to the randomness of my life, too. i get to see something perhaps overlooked as mundane as beautiful because i've captured a moment.

and, cmon, doesn't get much more mundane than the chore of dishes...thus, the need for a photo of one of my ongoing collections, beautiful dishtowels! how can one think it drudgery to reach into this drawer and grab one of these lovelies to dry a dish or wipe our hands? i began this collection a while ago, mostly with vintage dishcloths. i think my first was an old vera one with hilariously bright 70s colors. however, upon discovery of anthropologie, my cloths from this lovely of lovely stores (and the website, anthropologie.com if you don't have one near you, as in my case, the nearest store is about 4 hours away...) have overtaken my drawer. actually, it's a bit hard to close. i buy them for gifts as well; one is on a ship on it's way to samoa, some are at my mother-in-law's house. i encourage people to use them, they are useful pretties. suppose it's time to begin paring the dishcloth drawer down. but i guarantee that my anthropologie towels are staying put...

No comments:

Post a Comment