Wednesday, June 24, 2009


lovely thoughts...i am in the middle of probably one of the busiest times in my life. i turn 49 this july and life has taken on some surprising faces. i'm not a "5 year plan" type. i know some things, some destinations but the inbetween sometimes catches me a little off guard, like being so busy at this time in my life. this blog, in the way i view it, keeps me creative. it uses the "ahhhh" side of my brain, that's the comfortable side to me. it's just not the side of the brain that i'm using so much right now. that's the uncomfortable yet surprisingly lovely thought...who knew what a renewed sense of purpose could have done for this 48 year old?
so, this picture, like this blog, reminds me of the lovely in my random life... this was taken on a recent visit to NYC (my first visit!) as my husband and i celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary one year late... the entire trip was pretty much made up of trips to various stores. in this photo, i'm mapping out our trip to Mackenzie-Childs or Century 21 or some other completely wonderful location. i'm wearing a necklace i bought from an artist in fairhope, alabama. on the ballerina is the word "dance". i'm not a dancer but i fancy vintage ballerina ephemera. it was chilly. we were standing in battery park. in one of the greatest cities in the world. me with one of my favorite people in the world, my husband, larry, who is also one of my favorite shopping companions as he is very strong and can hold lots of shopping bags and works very hard on being patient with me as my life and destinations get more random, kind of like this post...

No comments:

Post a Comment