Sunday, June 21, 2009



so, if blogging is seeing your life through different eyes, which i recently read, i have decided to just go with it...people often ask me, "what do you do with your days?" and, often, i can't really say except that i stay busy. i like being busy. perhaps that's why i like "projects" so much. walking into a store with a specific purpose. watching a movie and getting inspiration for an upcoming party. listening to a song on the radio and having an idea sparked for a conference. at any rate, this photo, which i snapped with my iphone-some of my favorite pictures have been taken this way-was as i prepared to attend a youth group's "girl's nite". making up these bags was a last minute idea and in fact i had most of the materials for them already, just random goodies. so, a trip to a couple of stores, a heart shaped drinking straw, some candy love beads that i found for 39 cents a piece, and i created "chick goody bags". as i was wrapping them, the colors and shiny plastic bags (right now i like the crunchy ones!) screamed for a photo...

seems, i think, this is my life. good, bad, ugly. i'm enjoying each minute and thankful for the little random things...

so in this frame of mind, at a particularly busy period in my life that is filled with the wonderfully uncomfortable tasks i currently find on my plate, i've challenged myself to drink in the wonder of creativity each day and to document it. yikes. there, i've said it. i'm committing myself to blogging each day. right now, i say each day for two weeks. maybe it's for you, dear reader. more than likely, there is a bigger lesson in this that's just for me as is very often the case and i realize this more and more as i grow older.

so, goodnight, see you tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment