Monday, June 22, 2009



so, day 2 of my (at least) 14-day blog challenge to myself...been thinking of my adult children...

when the oldest, caleb, left to attend college 6 hours away in tennessee, i felt such an emptiness. every visit there or when he came home, i would cry for hours, missing him being around. this is when i got my black lab, emma. yes, she was my "i need to be needed", and she did turn out to be a good decision, but wasn't a substitute. when our youngest, jordan, (this is a photo of him at yankee stadium on a recent trip with his dad) left two years later, i literally stayed in bed for three days. all i every wanted to be was a mom and now, although i was still "mom", the job description had changed and no one had asked me if it was okay...

when i look back on those days, i realize i was feeling sorry for myself, which actually is a dangerous thing to do. i don't know exactly what moment the light dawned, but i do know it was Purpose. my life has been redefined and it continues to be, that's the uncomfortable part i spoke of in yesterday's post, yet, surprisingly enough, also the wonderful part.

hopefully, others will watch me and my random life and find hope in theirs...

No comments:

Post a Comment